SUSTAINABILITY INSPIRES SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS
The term sustainability takes on many meanings. As an artist, I adopted the definition as a tool to understand the impact I have on the environment as an individual & business. I consciously work towards implementing eco-friendly practises and weave them throughout every facet of my business.
As other small businesses pivot towards more social responsibility and action it is my hope that this collective movement not only changes how our work is made and businesses operate but to inspire social and cultural change as well.
I fully believe that an individual’s impact can be the key to a sustainable future. It all starts with being aware and making conscious decisions that are kinder to our planet.
MAKING CONSCIOUS CHOICES…
This Spring we launched our new nursery collection Little Cherubs.
From the outset I envisioned parents curating a collection of forever friends and hang the artworks on the walls of their nursery or child’s bedroom. This series is the only collection where prints can be purchased as a set of 3 or individually.
However this vision did not come without its own set of challenges and tough decisions had to be made. All reproductions of Jessica Ivy artworks are professionally printed using archival ink, thus making our prints of gallery quality. But printing Little Cherubs in the same manner and sold as sets proved to be too costly. The only alternative was to print digitally. Printing digitally would mean the product would not be of the same quality as our fine art prints. The colours of the print would fade much quicker over time, wheras a fine art print can last up to 100 years. I was also conscious of paper consumption for the digital prints. After considerable research digital prints of uncoated, 100% recycled - FSC approved paperstock were sourced.
The Little Cherub prints are printed onto a cardstock made of 100% genuine de-inked post consumer waste. The finish is smooth to look at with a slight texture to the touch. Our bold, bright colours also superbly sit on the card.
FURTHER JESSICA IVY GREEN PRACTISES
- All single greeting cards sold online can be purchased “naked” (without cello bag sleeve)
- All greeting cards are printed on uncoated recycled cardstock - which is FSC approved & come with a recycled kraft envelope
- All orders are all packaged in eco-mailer boxes
- Reproductions of the Tribe, Wild Wonders & Beyla collections are professionally printed using archival pigment meaning it will last up to 100 years
- Always try to reduce my business carbon footprint by having almost everything made & produced in Ireland and to use companies that are close to my locality.